How to Get GRAMMY Awards on Your Mobile
Here’s an offer. Shazam, a leading media discovery company, and The Recording Academy, home of the 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards, have announced that Music’s Biggest Night will be Shazam-enabled to let fans experience more of their favorite artists.
When people use Shazam during the broadcast, they can access a live stream of behind-the-scenes weekend action; keep track of the artists performing and instantly buy the music.
The 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards will be presented Sunday, Feb. 12 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS, live from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
[ Also Read: Social Media Sentiments for People’s Oscar ]
“The GRAMMYs broadcast brings together two of the key aspects of the discovery service Shazam offers – music, which is our heritage, and television, which is an integral part of our future,” said Shazam CEO, Andrew Fisher.
When viewers use Shazam during the live broadcast of the awards ceremony, they can:
- Look up the nominees in all the major categories – complete with links to iTunes and Amazon, so they can easily purchase and add to their music library; and
- Keep track of the artists performing live ensuring they don’t miss a minute of the action;
- Go behind the velvet rope with GRAMMY Live – an exclusive VIP pass to all the excitement and glamour of GRAMMY Weekend – giving a behind-the-scenes insider’s view into the hottest GRAMMY events.
Additionally, Shazam is giving one lucky person and their guest the chance to win a VIP trip for two to next year’s 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards in 2013.
[ Also Read: Mobile Ad Package for Smartphones and Tablets ]
When fans in the U.S. use their iOS and Android-powered devices to tag any song with Shazam and activate Shazam Friends, they will be entered into the contest. Grand prize winners will receive: two tickets to the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards in 2013; round trip airfare; and a two-day, one-night stay in Los Angeles.
There will also be five First Prize winners who will receive GRAMMY prize packs, including GRAMMY merchandise and a copy of the official 54th GRAMMY Nominees album.
The contest, which runs through midnight March 15, is easy to enter.
- Install the Shazam App on your mobile phone
- Activate Shazam Friends (via the Friends Tab in your Shazam App)
- Use Shazam to tag ANY song between Feb. 2 toMarch 15, 2012
People can tag to enter once a day, everyday, and winners will be selected onMarch 16, 2012; and fans can follow the “Golden Tag” promotion on Shazam’s Facebook page.
Shazam application for smartphones can be found on iTunes App Store, Android Market, Amazon App Store, AT&T’s AppCenter, Verizon VCast app store, Nokia Store, Windows Phone Marketplace, BlackBerry App World, and GetJar.
Established in 1957, The Recording Academy is an organization of musicians, producers, engineers and recording professionals that is dedicated to improving the cultural condition and quality of life for music and its makers.