Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO), a leading digital media company, has announced Genome from Yahoo!, an online advertising solution.
It combines Yahoo! data with interclick’s third party data and advertisers’ first party data along with a premium media footprint to provide marketers with a complete, custom audience solution.
Anticipated to be available in July 2012, Genome is the culmination of a strategy that was put in place last year with the display ad agreement with Microsoft and AOL as well as the acquisition of interclick, which Yahoo! acquired in December 2011, to create a next generation audience buying solution with greater targeting and personalization capabilities.
Genome, designed to leverage data to improve advertiser ROI, can provide marketers with actionable insights enabling them to conduct campaigns that help meet their objectives, and overcome an ever-evolving set of industry challenges that include the proliferation of data, fragmentation of technology, and outdated planning and buying techniques, says the company.
Key features of this audience buying solution include:
- Unmatched data set: In order to provide a multi-dimensional view of consumers, Genome provides access to an expansive and diverse data set comprised of Yahoo!’s proprietary data — including registration, search and behavioral data — as well as integrated advertiser information, and data from partners.
- Premium media footprint: Genome allows marketers to directly access Yahoo!’s guaranteed and non-guaranteed premium inventory, as well as inventory available from the Yahoo!, AOL, and Microsoft partnership announced in November, and comScore Top 1,000 publishers – all in transparent and brand safe environments.
- Actionable insights and analytics suite: From predictive modeling techniques to information design, Genome’s analytics helps marketers sort the big data landscape. This portable suite leverages leading campaign and user analytics to anticipate, optimize, and measure audience performance, turning insights into actionable media executions; marketers can carry their strategies across media plans with partners.
- Audience technology: This proprietary data valuation technology is designed to work with massive data volumes, real-time marketplaces, and multi-vendor solutions, with increased efficiency to help meet marketers’ marketing goals. Genome’s core technology is OSM, an interconnected technology stack that manages diverse data sources to provide a new approach to uncovering optimal audiences at scale, resulting from Yahoo!’s acquisition of interclick.
- Privacy: Yahoo! provides transparency about its data collection and use practices and extends tools to empower consumers to manage their experience, such as a global opt-out, Ad Interest Manager for visibility and control over specific interest categories. And it supports Do Not Track.
“Marketers have asked us for a solution that capitalizes on our vast data and our answer to that is Genome,” said Rich Riley, EVP, Americas Region, Yahoo!. “With Genome, we can help marketers transform consumer information and insights into actionable online media executions that enable them to attain the right context and audiences.”
You can know more on Genome from Yahoo! at www.genomeplatform.com