‘Dream Gig’ Contest on Facebook to Cover SXSW
Esurance, a direct-to-consumer personal car insurance company, is holding a “Dream Gig” contest to find the perfect candidate to help cover the action at this year’s South by Southwest (SXSW) Music, Film, and Interactive Conference in Austin, Texas.
Esurance is looking for a social media-savvy storyteller who can be an official SXSW correspondent and contribute a series of daily videos that share the excitement and buzz of an event that is the cornerstone of the music, film, and digital media industries.
Esurance will document their adventures, collaborating with the winner on daily highlights videos that will capture the zeitgeist of the conference and appear on the Esurance Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Esurance).
Here’s how the process will work:
- You can “Like” Esurance’s Facebook page between now and January 25 and apply for the SXSW Dream Gig.
- Esurance will judge all entries based on specific criteria, and three finalists will be selected by February 4.
- The finalists will then create short videos explaining why they’re the perfect SXSW Esurance correspondent.
- Between February 15 – February 22, the finalists’ videos will air on Facebook, and friends (and fans) can ‘like’ Esurance to vote for their favorite entry.
- Anyone voting for the three Dream Gig finalists is automatically entered into a sweepstakes to win $500.
The Dream Gig winner can use their Platinum Badge and brand new iPad to navigate the conference and document their SXSW adventures, and their 10-day hotel stay at the Hilton Austin and $2000 stipend helps ensure the winner maxes out their fun quotient and has an experience of a lifetime, says the company.