Here’s an offer. The Internet Marketing Association (IMA), at its 2012 IMA Conference and Impact Awards event, today, Sept. 22, announced the availability of its new Certified Internet Marketer (CIM) professional certification program.
This online certification program will provide participants with the foundational Internet marketing education needed to succeed in today’s fast-changing online business environment.
With more than 750,000 members, IMA says, it is one of the fastest growing professional organizations in the world and encompasses a wide spectrum of educated professionals in business ownership, senior management, sales, marketing, programming, creative development and related fields.
“One of the critical aspects of a thriving industry is an educated workforce,” stated IMA founder and chairman Sinan Kanatsiz. “The IMA takes this responsibility very seriously and has invested in this certification program to provide unparalleled Internet marketing education directly to our members.”
The $499 course, scheduled to debut on Oct. 1 is open to IMA members as well as non-members and will generate the equivalent of 1.5 continuing education units based on the 15-plus hours of course content and participation.
The certification course is divided into six lesson areas, culminating in a final exam to certify Internet marketing knowledge, including:
- Overview of Internet Marketing: The broad array of digital marketing including social media, mobile marketing, and online analytics
- Online Acquisition: Search marketing, display advertising, search engine optimization
- Online Conversion: Site personalization, online A/B and multivariate testing, content targeting, dynamic recommendations
- Online Retention: Email marketing, online surveys, voice of customer (VOC) strategies
- Online Analytics & Measurement: Measuring website performance with digital analytics, business goals and standard metrics to consider, tactics for telling “stories” with data to drive better online business decisions
- Data-Driven Marketing: Creating a culture and decision-making practices based on data, developing closed-loop marketing strategies and programs
The system also includes instructions for navigating the site, reviewing lesson presentations, and taking quizzes and the final certification exam.
Lessons can be viewed via online streaming media as well as PDF presentations in a convenient, self-paced sequence. Other features include a personalized events calendar, recent activities and alerts to fully engage the online course participant.
Photo courtesy: IMA