Recognizing that small business owners need a highly secure, affordable way to manage wireless devices, AT&T has expanded its cloud-based Mobile Device Management (MDM) offering with solutions for small businesses.
The explosion in the use of smartphones and tablets has enabled small businesses to thrive, but it has also challenged business owners who must control these devices and ensure they work safely on the company network, says AT&T.
AT&T MDM solutions allow small businesses to proactively manage employees’ mobile devices and data usage, making it easier for the company to enforce management policies while still empowering workers with mobile access.
With cloud-based MDM, small business owners don’t need to invest in installing hardware to support the service because it’s hosted and managed by AT&T.
Introduced today, August 20, AT&T Mobile Device Management solutions, available for small businesses with as few as 20 employees, offer:
- Lost device detection, including password recovery, device lock, wipe, and encryption
- Remote configuration of email, Wi-Fi, and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Asset management features that enable business owners to keep track of company-owned devices
- App distribution capabilities that allow business owners to push mission-critical apps to their employees
- App whitelist/blacklist capabilities help control how company-owned smartphones are used
In addition, AT&T’s experienced small business team offers to help business owners determine and develop their mobility policy and strategy, while also providing support in selection, implementation, hosting, and management of an MDM solution.
Photo courtesy: AT&T