Fandango, a leading moviegoer destination and an NBCUniversal company, announced Thursday that its customers using iPhone, iPad or iPod touch can now use the new Fandango app on iOS 7.
The new Fandango app for iOS 7 is available for free on the App Store.
“We are proud of our new app for iOS 7 and expect it to be popular with film fans on the go,” says Fandango president Paul Yanover.
According to the company, the new Fandango app takes full advantage of iOS 7’s benefits and design aesthetics. In addition to the full-screen design, its other new features on iOS 7 include:
- Virtual marquee of today’s top films, featuring showtimes at favorite or nearby theaters and direct access to movie ticketing;
- Showtime Countdown: after purchasing tickets on Fandango, moviegoers will be presented with a front-and-center visual reminder counting down the minutes to showtime;
- Instant access to top movie trailers, celebrity interviews and Fandango’s original movie recommendation video series, “Weekend Ticket,” from the app’s front page;
- New predictive search, making it easier to look up movies, theaters, movie stars and filmmakers;
- Movie genre filter sorted by family, comedy, action, drama and horror films;
- Exclusive video galleries, special offers and sweepstakes that are unique to mobile;
- “Go Now” feature offering one-tap access to movies playing at nearby theaters.
The Fandango app enables moviegoers to rate and review movies directly from the app and share their opinions with other Fandango users via Facebook
, Google+ and Twitter
Moviegoers can also access saved credit cards, purchase history, ticket details, theater loyalty cards, and their Favorite Theaters and My Movies each time they sign in to their Fandango account.
The new Fandango App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com/Fandango.