The new Hunt Fish VA mobile app for Android is available free from the Android Market. The online tool allows Virginia sportsmen and sportswomen to search a wide variety of Virginia hunting- and fishing-related information on their smart phones.
The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (DGIF) is partnering with Virginia Interactive (VI) to offer the Android version of its Hunt Fish VA mobile app. It was announced today, Feb. 14.
[ Also Read
: Can an Android Tablet Work as a Computer Monitor?
“With the success of the original iOS version and because so many sportsmen have been asking for an Android version, we are very excited about launching the new Hunt Fish VA app for Android,” said Bob Duncan, DGIF executive director.
Some of the app’s capabilities include:
- buying a license through the secure mobile online licensing system;
- calculating Geolocation-based sunrise and sunset times;
- looking up hunting regulations, seasons, and bag limits while in the field;
- viewing freshwater fishing regulations;
- identifying the fish you just caught and comparing them to state record fish;
- recording your harvests in your own personal “Trophy Case”;
- finding nearby boat ramps, Wildlife Management Areas, and lakes with the “Near Me” mapping tool;
- getting the latest news and information from DGIF
Photo courtesy: DGIF