TV Guide Mobile Debuts TV Companion App
TV Guide Mobile has debuted its next-generation, one-stop TV companion app providing personalized discovery, instant watching, and social sharing, exclusively for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
The new product’s centerpiece is TV Guide’s Watchlist platform, featuring additions based on user research and feedback.
When users add shows, sports teams, actors and movies, Watchlist shows them on a single screen all the ways to watch – on TV, on demand, streaming and DVD. Users also can share and discuss what they’re watching with their social networks.
[ Also Read: TV to Consumer: Look, I’m Changing Now ]
“Our new super-personalized, social, mobile TV Guide is designed for the way people want to watch now – anywhere, anytime,” said Christy Tanner, executive VP, TVGuide.com and TV Guide Mobile. “This is a game-changer for our users, who want an easier way to manage all the ways they watch.”
New features unique to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch include New Tonight Trending, a social hot list based on what TV Guide users are watching, plus Watchlist filters for News and New Tonight, which show users only their favorites.
[ Also Read: Renren and Viki Bring Subtitled Global TV for Users ]
In addition to Watchlist and New Tonight Trending, new features include:
- Social check-in and discussion: Throughout the app, check in, share and discuss what you’re watching via social networks using TV Guide’s “I’ll Watch” button.
- Video Search and Curated Video Channels: Find the TV shows, movies and web originals you want to watch now or browse through editor- and guest-curated channels. The first guest curator is Shira Lazar, host of What’s Trending; each week will feature a new guest curator.
- Celebrity Watchlist Videos: The biggest stars – Sigourney Weaver, Tina Fey, James Van Der Beek and more – share why they love their favorites in these exclusive TV Guide videos.
- Super-Charged “Classic” Listings: Includes alerts, HD and favorite channel filters, “I’ll Watch” social sharing, and instant “Add to Watchlist”
- Original Editorial Content: TV Guide’s original breaking news and features – and the ability to discuss them with editors and other fans
- Advertising Opportunities: TV Guide has created a number of beyond-the-banner opportunities, including video showcases, branded content, and the ability to sponsor the “Add to Watchlist” button.
The TV Guide App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore.