Sony to Showcase Virtual Reality with PlayStation VR
Sony Corporation of America announced Thursday the opening of Sony Square NYC, a showplace for the latest in Sony entertainment and technology.
Located in the Company’s New York City headquarters at 25 Madison Avenue, the facility offers visitors the chance to check out select new Sony technologies and products, some of which are still in the prototype stage.
Additionally, according to the company, the space will be used for unique consumer events, such as photography classes with world-renowned photographers, exclusive movie screenings and invitation-only performances by Sony Music artists.
At opening, Sony Square NYC will showcase the following technologies:
- Sony’s LifeSpace UX products, including Glass Sound Speaker, LED Bulb Speaker, Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector
- Project “N” from Sony’s “Future Lab Program,” an R&D initiative that emphasizes an open creative environment and open lines of communication with society.
- Concept display from the Fashion Entertainments project, which produced the FES Watch, demonstrating how e-paper can revolutionize fashion.
- MESH – a smart DIY platform to make creation of “smart inventions” accessible for everyone.
- A section dedicated to PlayStation. PlayStation4 systems will be set up for visitors to check out the latest games, experience the world of virtual reality with PlayStation VR, and try out Sony Interactive Entertainment’s nationwide cloud-based TV service, Playstation Vue.
- Those with a passion for photography will observe the latest being offered from Sony’s digital imaging division, and there will be an exhibit featuring work from select “Sony Artisans,” photographers / videographers, all who use Sony cameras.
The exhibits at Sony Square NYC will change periodically throughout the year. After Labor Day the entire space will be dedicated to the world of virtual reality with PlayStation VR.
Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan.