Panasonic, which offers Digital Single Lens Mirrorless (DSLM) technology, announced today pricing and availability of its LUMIX GH4.
The GH4, claimed to be the world’s first DSLM with 4K cinematic recording capability designed for both still photographers and cinematographers will be available at retail locations at the beginning of May.
The LUMIX GH4 camera body (DMC-GH4K) will be available at $1699.99 and the Video Adapter for cinematography (DMW-YAGH) will be $1999.99 at shop.panasonic.com and other photo specialty retailers.
The GH4 advanced features include:
- A newly developed 16.05-Megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine achieving high speed, high sensitivity image recording
- High speed response required for professionals and practical auto focus options
- Mobility supported by mechanical advancements
- Expandability for a variety of workflows
- Easy wireless connectivity via Wi-Fi / NFC with smartphones
- Other features including Luminance Level Adjustment, Focus Peaking, Silent Mode, Highlight / Shadow Control and RAW data development in camera.
According to the company, the current GH3 model will continue to be available after the introduction of the GH4.