Guestroom Technology to Define Peninsula Moments
The Peninsula Hotels, Asia’s leading hotel brand, has announced three initiatives: the launch of “Peninsula Moments,” a new global brand campaign, the new PenCities online travel journal and a HK$450 million revitalization of its flagship hotel, The Peninsula Hong Kong, featuring advanced in-room technology.
Conceived and developed in house, the global campaign showcases the services that The Peninsula offers to its guests using photography, video and behind-the-scenes footage.
“As one of the world’s oldest hotel groups, Peninsula icons throughout our hotels showcase the brand’s heritage, personal service and continued commitment to inspire, surprise and delight, and these new images and videos capture this spirit perfectly,” said Peter C. Borer, chief operating officer.
[ Also Read: Samsung Galaxy Tab Enters Hotel Rooms ]
Audiences can see Peninsula Moments in print, online and tablet versions of luxury, lifestyle, travel and business magazines worldwide beginning in September.
The first two in a series of 10 90-second films were unveiled Thursday, Sept. 6, on www.youtube.com/thepeninsulahotels.
Subsequent films to be released from September 2012 through March 2013 will transport viewers to each of the nine cities where Peninsula has hotels.
[ Also Read: Hotel Rates: How Much Will You Pay in Europe? ]
To capture “Peninsula Moments,” Peninsula tapped Russel Wong, a Singapore-based photographer.
Moreover, travelers planning a visit to any Peninsula destination can access insider travel and lifestyle information in the new PenCities, a new online luxury lifestyle journal that made its debut Thursday at www.peninsula.com/PenCities.
Peninsula also has introduced its next generation of intuitive in-room enhancements, which include:
- Interactive digital touch-screen tablets pre-set in one of five languages: English, French, Traditional and Simplified Chinese and Japanese, allowing guests to personalize all room controls, signage and information to their preferred language.
- Full control of all in-room functions via bedside and desk tablets and wall panels, enabling access to the guest compendium of in-room dining menus, hotel services, streaming television, Internet TV and radio, mood lighting, curtains, temperature and more.
- Complimentary long-distance VoIP phone calls from guest rooms and from the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet.
- Advanced audio-visual center in each guest room featuring a 46-inch flat-screen, Blu-ray LED television – with a 55-inch model in all suites, Internet TV, iPod/iPad docking station, memory-card reader and soundbar speaker system delivering surround-sound experience.
- Wireless connection to personal electronic devices and to the all-in-one printer/photocopier/scanner/fax, enables the seamless functionality of a home office
- Signature marble bathrooms with LED touch-screen panels located on the wall and bath-side, enable viewing of terrestrial and Internet TV and radio and Spa button delivering a luxurious, integrated light and sound experience.
The Peninsula Hotels made this announcement Thursday, Sept. 6.