Free Download for Star Trek into Darkness App
“Star Trek Into Darkness” application, based on J.J. Abrams’ upcoming Paramount Pictures film, is now available to download for free from the App Store and Google Play.
Users who have the app will have access to all Star Trek content, as well as the opportunity to participate in missions and win prizes.
Utilizing the latest technologies from Qualcomm, such as Qualcomm Labs’ Gimbal platform and Qualcomm Vuforia augmented reality platform, the app will allow users to delve deeper into the Star Trek universe by interacting directly with materials from the film to unlock additional content and experiences.
[ Also Read: Top 20 Digital Brand Campaigns of 2012 ]
The users collect points, see content, and work their way through the Star Trek Academy.
To download the app, you can visit www.StarTrekMovie.com/StarTrekApp
Highlights of the “Star Trek Into Darkness” app include:
- A geofencing function for location-based experiences such as encouraging viewers to go to the movies;
- An audio scan function that can be turned on to automatically recognize and reward users for watching the content on TV and other media;
- An image scan function that enables users to interact with images printed or viewable in the real world;
- New content, such as videos, images and wallpapers delivered directly to users’ mobile devices;
- Exclusive opportunities and special offers available to app users.
“Star Trek Into Darkness” is written by Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman & Damon Lindelof and directed by J.J. Abrams.
Abrams is producing with Bryan Burk through Bad Robot Productions, along with Lindelof, Kurtzman and Orci. Jeffrey Chernov and Skydance Productions’ David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake are the executive producers.
“Star Trek Into Darkness” opens in theaters everywhere May 17th, 2013.
Photo courtesy: Paramount Pictures