Square Enix, a publisher of interactive entertainment products in the Americas, announced today â€“ July 31 â€“ that Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] is now available in North America, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS system.
The new title expands on the Kingdom Hearts lore, and follows the adventures of Sora and Riku in their quest to become true Keyblade Masters.
According to Square Enix, Disney fans will be sure to recognize classic venues, including La Cite des Cloches (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), Symphony of Sorcery (Fantasia), The Country of Musketeers (Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers) and Prankster’s Paradise (Pinocchio), as well as newer worlds such as The Grid (TRON: Legacy).
Drawing upon the various capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS, the role-playing game (RPG) features 3-D graphics, high-quality music and the ability to connect with other players through the StreetPass feature.
- Dual protagonists â€“ Play through each world with the two most popular characters of the franchise, Sora and Riku.
- “Flowmotion” action â€“ Enjoy fun, fast and effortless movements while interacting with the environment and performing acrobatic attacks.
- Brand-new creatures â€“ Dream Eaters inhabit the Sleeping Worlds, and are split into two categories: Spirits and Nightmares. Recruit over 50 different types of Spirits as allies to fight alongside Sora and Riku.
- New Disney worlds â€“ Seven new worlds and their characters, such as La Cite des Cloches (The Hunchback of Notre Dame ), Prankster’s Paradise (Pinocchio), The Country of Musketeers (Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers), Symphony of Sorcery (Fantasia) and The Grid (TRON: Legacy) make their series debut.
- Story progression â€“ With updated looks for Sora and Riku, and the impending conflict made clear, this title is a big step forward in the series.
- Memento feature â€“ Newcomers and experienced players can get a refresher through the brand-new memento feature that provides a detailed account of the previous Kingdom Hearts games.
- All-star voice cast â€“ The talented roster includes Leonard Nimoy (Master Xehanort), Haley Joel Osment (Sora), David Gallagher (Riku), Hayden Panetierre (Xion) and Jesse McCartney (Roxas and Ventus).
The game is available for $39.99 (standard edition), $59.99 (Mark of Mastery edition).
Kingdom Hearts is a series of role-playing games created through the collaboration of Disney Interactive Studios and Square Enix. Since the first Kingdom Hearts was released in March 2002 for the PlayStation 2 system, the series has expanded with several additional entries, and has shipped over 17 million units worldwide, according to Square Enix.