Are Your Facebook Ads Making Sense?
Digital marketing outfits Resolution Media and Kenshoo have published a new report that details research on Facebook ads and provides actionable tips for advertisers seeking to improve the performance of their social media campaigns.
“Exposure Rate,” a new metric to measure targeted engagement on Facebook, takes center stage in this report, based on a year-long study that analyzed global data spanning 65 billion Facebook ad impressions and 20 million Facebook ad clicks, according to Resolution Media.
[ Also Read: Beware, Facebook is Coming to Take Your Money ]
The findings released today, June 21, represent a wide range of brands and categories including entertainment, finance, retail, and insurance, among others, it was stated.
Key highlights of the report include:
- A new metric to measure engagement on Facebook – Exposure Rate – which looks at unique impressions in the context of desired target audience actually reached
- The ideal Frequency Rate for ads across Facebook platforms – once a user has seen the ad seven times, there is a dramatic drop in engagement
- How the High Exposure/Low Frequency combination translates to higher rates of conversion
- Performance models for the entire Facebook ad portfolio, and which types are most likely to drive High Exposure/Low Frequency rates – such as Sponsored Stories.
- Bidding and targeting strategies that support High Exposure/Low Frequency rates to deliver higher ROI
[ Also Read: Seven Tricks Digital Agencies Use to Cheat You ]
“Social media has quickly become one of the preferred channels for brands, and when done right, can foster meaningful relationships between brands and consumers in ways that were never before possible,” says Alan Osetek, president of Resolution Media. “The purpose of this study was to define what ‘doing it right’ means in terms of measureable actions and outcomes, and giving marketers a model for demonstrating effectiveness.”
Raman Media Network Comments: At this stage, social media sites are just for some idle junkies who have plenty of time to waste by just hanging around there. These sites are not yet ready for any serious online marketing. (Read: Five Bitter Truths about Social Media)
Resolution Media, an Omnicom Media Group company, is a leading digital media agency. And Kenshoo Social delivers a global social marketing platform for advertisers and agencies.
Photo courtesy: Facebook