Stupid gifts? Yeah, you read it right. The holidays have long been a time for traditional gift giving – but what about shoppers searching for something weird and unusual to give to those on their list?
Stupid.com, internet retailer of funny holiday gifts and silly stocking stuffers, surveyed over 2,000 members of their online customer base in order to answer that exact question.
The result is the web-based company’s 6th annual ranking of the top 10 stupid holiday gifts of 2012. This year’s list features an assortment of gifts under $20, each more wild and absurd than the next.
“Our accountants are scratching their heads this year,” says Jim Kalmenson, president of Stupid.com. “The more ridiculous the gag gift, the greater the sales volume.”
Topping the people’s choice is Santa’s Farting Butt Travel Pillow, a neck pillow in the shape of Santa’s rosy rear that “toots” loudly when his cheeks are squeezed.
Here is the list of the Top 10 Stupid Holiday Gifts of 2012, listed in order of popular vote:
- Santa’s Farting Butt Travel Pillow – A pillow in the shape of jolly old St. Nick’s buns, this unique gift is sure to crack up any sleep-deprived toilet-humor, enthusiast as it farts loudly and explains, “Smells like Christmas!”
- Tattoos for Babies – Body art for infants may seem a bit racy for most parents, but these removable tattoos make giving your baby a killer tattoo fun!
- Toilet Claus “Ugly” Holiday Sweater – Wear one of these cheerful holiday sweaters, which has Santa sitting on a toilet emblazoned on the front, and you’re sure to turn heads.
- Mullet-on-the-Go – Enjoy the elegance and sophistication of a mullet anytime with an instant mullet and a totally rad headband.
- Red Neck Wine Glass – Break out the moonshine! These glasses, with the top of a mason jar and the bottom of a wine glass stem, are sure to class-up that next fish fry or jamboree.
- Silly Screaming Snowballs – These loud, plush balls, available in 8 different styles, ranging from Snowman to Yellow Snow, make indoor snowball fights a reality.
- Emergency Underpants – Give the gift of security this holiday season! It may sound strange, but these cleverly concealed undies are perfect for when disaster strikes.
- The WTF Button – Similar to an “Easy” button, the WTF Button is big, red, and lets loose a sweet “WTF!” when pressed.
- The Kama Pootra – This 115-page book is perfect bathroom reading material. With positions like the “One Cheek Lean” and “The Captain”, you’ll reach toilet-time nirvana in no time.
- Santa’s Drinking Cap – Strap two cans of beer to the sides of a hat, and you’ve got one heck of a merry old time, with this intoxicating headpiece.
The list of stupid gifts was released today, Nov. 29. All these gifts and more can be purchased at Stupid.com and select gift shops nationwide (U.S.).