TomTom MoveOn Navigation System for Lexus Cars
TomTom will supply one of the navigation solutions available in Europe on the upgraded Lexus CT 200h, which is Lexus’ first ever five-door compact car.
The MoveOn navigation system offers TomTom HD Traffic and is seamlessly integrated in the dashboard of the Lexus CT 200h. It will be introduced in several European markets this year, starting in Belgium, France, the Netherlands and Poland in July 2012.
Meanwhile, as the official automotive marketing partner of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit property, Lexus created a multi-faceted campaign called TORI 500, showcasing an actual racetrack the automaker created in the shape of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model Tori Praver’s body. (Read: Swimsuit Supermodel Curves in Lexus Campaign)
“Providing navigation for a luxury brand marks a significant milestone for us,” said Charles Cautley, managing director, TomTom Automotive. “With the CT 200h MoveOn Navi launch, Lexus drivers can now enjoy the TomTom navigation experience with LIVE Services embedded in their cars.”
[ Also Read: TomTom and Nike Launch Nike+ Sportwatch ]
Key features of the Lexus CT MoveOn Navi:
- Premium maps of Western Europe or Central Europe
- Latest Map Guarantee – if a newer map release is available at time of purchase, the consumer can download one complimentary map within the first 60 days of use for no additional charge
- Updatability – the navigation system can be updated easily; maps, new software and premium voices can be downloaded from TomTom HOME
- Intuitively operated by a remote control installed in the center console
- A one year, free LIVE Services subscription, including:
- HD Traffic – providing the up-to-date, real-time traffic information for dynamic routing
- Mobile Speed Cameras – providing real-time mobile Speed camera locations, as well as alerts of fixed safety cameras and average speed checks for the road ahead
- Search & Go – via TomTom Places helps to search for the best shops, restaurants or other places in the area
- 5 day weather forecast for locations across Europe
- Map Share, providing free daily map changes from the TomTom community
- IQ Routes
- Advanced lane guidance
- Text to speech
Founded in 1991, TomTom (AEX:TOM2) is the world’s leading supplier of in-car location and navigation products and services. Headquartered in Amsterdam, its products include portable navigation devices, fleet management solutions, maps and real-time services, including the TomTom HD Traffic.