Video games company PopCap Games, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), announced Thursday the worldwide availability of Plants vs. Zombies 2.
The sequel to Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies 2 will be initially available exclusively for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Featuring a time-travel theme that propels players through different historical eras to face off with zombies from various time periods, Plants vs. Zombies 2 is free to play and can be found on the App Store around the world.
Available in seven different languages, the game will come on other platforms later this year and beyond.
Key features of Plants vs. Zombies 2 include:
- Three all-new worlds to explore, with more worlds coming soon
- More than 60 levels at launch, with dozens more coming in future worlds
- Dozens of new plants and zombies, each with unique powers and behaviors
- Plant food to supercharge your floral defenses
- Touch-screen power-ups that let you pinch, flick and zap zombies directly
- Side missions, mini-games and other brain-teasing challenges in every world
- Challenge Zones at the end of each world that provide never-ending quests for glory
Plants vs. Zombies 2 is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, or at www.AppStore.com/PopCap.