Comcast to Launch YouTube App on Xfinity X1
Comcast and Google announced Monday a deal that will launch the YouTube app on Xfinity X1 across the country later this year.
X1 customers will be able to browse and access over the Internet the entire YouTube catalog of videos alongside the live, on demand, DVR and web programming included with their Xfinity TV subscription.
X1 customers will be able to access YouTube in the Apps and Networks sections of X1, and via featured YouTube content that will be integrated throughout Xfinity On Demand.
And for the first time, YouTube viewers will enjoy universal voice control with the X1 voice remote and be able to access YouTube content in the following ways:
- Launch the YouTube app by simply saying “YouTube” into the X1 voice remote.
- Browse featured YouTube content alongside other On Demand movies and shows.
- Search for movie trailers or TV show clips by saying, “Show me Adam Levine clips from ‘The Voice’ on YouTube,“ or “YouTube, find ‘The LEGO Movie’ trailer.”
- Access music videos by saying, “Show me Ariana Grande videos on YouTube,” or “Watch Katy Perry’s ‘Chained to the Rhythm’ on YouTube.”
- Watch the world’s best gamers face off by saying, “YouTube, Launch League of Legends Championship Series.”
- Search the latest videos from your favorite personalities by saying, “Show me Ellen Degeneres on YouTube,” or “YouTube, Logan Paul videos.”
- Or search user-generated videos like dinner recipes and workout routines by saying, “YouTube, show me chicken recipes,” or “Find yoga videos on YouTube.”
Once launched, X1 customers will be able to browse and access YouTube’s collection of digital content, including gaming videos, eSports content, music clips, fitness videos, daily vlogs from YouTube creators, entertainment clips, and real-time trending news, sports and viral videos.
Current X1 and YouTube customers will also have the ability to sign in when accessing YouTube on X1 and readily access their personalized settings and subscriptions.