AVEVA Everything3D for Lean Construction
AVEVA today launched AVEVA Everything3D (E3D), which aims to bring together technologies to provide a new solution enabling customers to adopt ‘Lean’ working practices spanning engineering, design and construction.
This, according to the company, will speed overall project execution and reduce wastage. Central to this is the integration of laser scan data and 3D geometry; new drafting tools and intuitive user interfaces for common design tasks.
“The market for plant design solutions is changing and requires a new vision,” said Dave Wheeldon, CTO, AVEVA.
[ Also Read: Autodesk to Focus on Construction with Vela Acquisition ]
AVEVA E3D will include:
- A plant design system which is integrated with engineering and schematic disciplines
- A 3D modelling capability of “real world” representation quality, combining the best 3D graphics and laser scan point clouds
- A 2D drawing capability fully automated and integrated with the 3D model
- Full interoperability with other design systems used in the design process
- An architecture that can support project re-use and modular design with the extension to support integration with cloud/mobile infrastructure
The company says AVEVA E3D will be commercially available from mid-December 2012.
AVEVA is a leading company offering engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries.