IDC to Host Asian Financial Services Congress
The annual Asian Financial Services (AFS) Congress 2012, organized by IDC Financial Insights, is set to take place next month.
On Feb. 23-24, senior level financial services executives from across the region will be gathered in Singapore to learn about the latest industry developments, share best practice ideas and discuss the economic issues affecting their businesses. Tech researcher IDC informed today, Jan. 30.
Themed “The 2012 Agenda: Solutions for Disruptive Times,” the AFS Congress will seek to identify some of the recurring themes from the previous financial crisis that the Asia/Pacific financial services industry (FSI) is likely to face today.[ Also Read: Keep Your Friends Close and CIOs Closer ]
Leading practitioners across the region will share some of the most ingenious and high-impact solutions in present day payments, risk management, governance & compliance, operations & technology, and multi-channel fields that are poised to transform, if not already, the financial services industry as a whole, says IDC.
IDC Financial Insights believes that to succeed, leaders today must be equipped to deal with technological acceleration in the social, mobility and analytics space, and changing consumer attitudes.[ Also Read: How Microsoft Plans to Sell Cloud to Companies ]
These leaders and their organizations must also be agile enough to respond to market sentiments. Winning institutions will be those that are led by executives who “get” the new issues, and embrace the twin challenges of disruption and innovation.
Some of the speakers and panelists who will preside over this year’s Congress include:
- Ms. PARK Cyn-Young, Assistant Chief Economist, Economic Analysis & Operations Support Division, Economics and Research Department, Asian Development Bank
- Leong Mun Yuen, Chief Technology Officer, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore
- Marko Skoric, Assistant Professor, Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, NTU
- David Carbon, Managing Director, Economic and Currency Research, Group Research, DBS Bank
- Patrick Desmarès, Secretary General, Efma
- Tony Chew, Director/Specialist Advisor, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Muhammad Aurangzeb, CEO Asia Pacific, Global Corporate Bank, J.P. Morgan
- Sarv Girn, Former Group GM, Technology, The Westpac Group & Former CTO – Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Scott Bales, Chief Mobile Officer, Movenbank
- Gatot Mudiantoro Suwondo, President Director, PT. Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) Tbk
- David Gledhill, Managing Director and Head of Group Technology & Operations, DBS Bank
For full description of the agenda and speakers, you can visit www.afscongress.com.