Photo: Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal
Information Suppression on Aam Aadmi Party Wikipedia Pages
As some Wikipedia editors are either removing the critical Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) information or changing it forcibly to mislead the readers, I sent the following letter to take AAP’s response. Since I did not get any response, I will soon publish the findings of my investigation.
By Rakesh Raman
AAP Wikipedia Information
Dear Mr. Arvind Kejriwal
Leader, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)
New Delhi, India
Copy: Wikipedia for taking immediate action to protect Wikipedia from miscreants
August 23, 2022
Dear Mr. Arvind Kejriwal,
I am a journalist. As a Wikipedia editor, I have repeatedly observed some suspicious activity on the Aam Aadmi Party page as well as other pages of Aam Aadmi Party leaders on Wikipedia.
Some Wikipedia editors are either removing the critical information taken from reliable media sources or changing it forcibly to mislead the readers and keep only positive information on Aam Aadmi Party pages.
As a result, the Aam Aadmi Party pages look like publicity pamphlets on Wikipedia and defeat the very purpose of a free encyclopedia, which is supposed to provide truthful, unbiased information to readers.
With this experience, I seek your response on the following questions as I am planning to write an editorial article on the issue of deliberate information suppression on Wikipedia.
1. Has the Aam Aadmi Party or any of its partners, agencies, leaders, or supporters deployed hired workers, volunteers, or bots to tamper with, change, or remove critical information related to Aam Aadmi Party or its leaders on Wikipedia?
2. In particular, does the Aam Aadmi Party or its partners, agencies, etc. know or deploy people who operate on Wikipedia with user identities Venkat TL and Aditi Gyanesh?
3. How does the Aam Aadmi Party operate or manage its own page and the pages of its leaders or campaigns on Wikipedia?
4. Why is the crucial and current information related to Aam Aadmi Party and its leaders such as you (Arvind Kejriwal), Manish Sisodia, Satyendra Kumar Jain, and others being blocked on Wikipedia?
5. You can add any other related information from your side.
Please send me your email response to the questions given above on or before August 26, 2022.
[ You can click here to download the pdf document of my email sent to Mr. Arvind Kejriwal. ]
Note: Since I did not get any response, I will soon publish the findings of my investigation to reveal how truthful information (such as AAP corruption cases, dubious funding, media manipulation, etc.) is being suppressed fraudulently on AAP Wikipedia pages.
By Rakesh Raman, who is a national award-winning journalist and social activist. He is the founder of a humanitarian organization RMN Foundation which is working in diverse areas to help the disadvantaged and distressed people in the society.
He has also launched the “Power Play: Lok Sabha Election 2024 in India” editorial section to cover the news, events, and other developments related to the 2024 election.