Software company Adobe Systems (Nasdaq:ADBE) has announced the availability of a new version of Adobe Photoshop Touch, optimized for iPhone, iPod touch, and Android smartphones.
After Photoshop Touch for tablets, the phone app brings core features of Photoshop desktop software to mobile devices and offers similar intuitive, touch-based gestures and features.
“Mobile phones are increasingly becoming the primary tool for people to take and edit photos,” said Winston Hendrickson, vice president products, Creative Media Solutions, Adobe.
“Adobe is dedicated to serving our customers’ evolving creative workflow and we heard, loud and clear, that Photoshop fans wanted some core Adobe imaging magic on their smartphones.”
Adobe Photoshop Touch for phone offers new capabilities for smartphone users:
- Enhance images using Photoshop features such as layers, selection tools, filters, tonal and color adjustments
- Apply effects and add graphical text
- Edit images as large as 12 megapixels with layers
- Combine images together using the Scribble Selection feature, and refine your selection with the Refine Edge tool
- Automatically sync images to Adobe Creative Cloud with free 2GB of storage
Announced today, Feb. 27, Adobe Photoshop Touch for phone is available in the Apple App Store and Google Play for US$4.99. For iOS devices, the app requires iOS 5, iPhone 4S and iPod touch 5th generation; Android phones must run Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later.